Posted on April 18 2017
Featured Bride - Linzy
1. Most helpful tool or website you used to help you plan?
- The most helpful website I used while wedding planning was the knot. The timeline and to do list on their website helped me remember all the small details and have everything completed on time.
2. Wedding Date?
- We got married May 16, 2015.
3. Wedding location and time of day?
- Our wedding was held in Fayetteville Arkansas at 6:00.
4. Hors d'oeuvres, meal or cake only? Catered, potluck, or family provided?
- We served hors d'oeuvres through a catering service called Event Group Catering. We also had 2 cakes made by Rick's Bakery.
5. Number of guests and number in bridal party?
- There were around 200 guests in attendance and 10 women in my bridal party, 7 bridesmaids and 3 house party.
6. Wedding colors?
- Our wedding colors were white, gold, and stormy. Stormy is a grayish purple color I fell in love with.
7. Types of flowers and describe your decor style?
- Our flowers were all white hydrangeas, roses, and babies breath. Our decor style was very simple and elegant. I did not want anything trendy that I would look back on later and regret.
8. Funny story about your wedding?
- A funny story from our wedding happened when we were making our exit. After running from the chapel and being watched by all our guests, my husband, due to his new shoes almost fell trying to get in our get away car. If he had not been holding onto the door handle he certainly would have landed flat on his back outside the car with everyone watching.
9. Most memorable moment?
- The most memorable moment of our wedding day was doing our first look and reading the letters we wrote to each other. Seeing his face for the first time looking at me in my dress and reading the sweet letter he wrote me is something I will never forget as long as I live.
10. Biggest surprise of the wedding?
- The biggest surprise of the wedding was really how fast the day went by. I am so thankful for our pictures and video because without those it would be such a blur.
11. What advice do you have for other brides reading this?
- A piece of advice I would give to any bride reading this is just to soak up the day and don't stress over the small things. There is nothing you can change about your wedding at that point and the day goes by too fast anyway, don't spend any of your time worrying about details.
12. Was there a honeymoon, if so where?
- We honeymooned afterward in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
13. Describe his face/that moment when you first saw him as you started down the aisle.
- As I was walking down the aisle I could tell immediately he was fighting back tears. That wasn't something I expected because we had already seen each other for our first look earlier in the day, so all I could do was laugh.
Thanks, Linzy! Sounds like a beautiful day!